Obesity Health Benefits of Bell Peppers
Loading the player...Weight Management - The Health Benefits of Bell Peppers <p><a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/family-doctor"> Family Physician</a> and <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician"> Registered Dietician</a>, Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/benefits-of-red-peppers">bell peppers</a> in relation to weight management.</p>
Family Physician and Registered Dietician, Kinesiologist, talk about the health benefits of bell peppers in relation to weight management.
Cooking Video : Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Pepper Soup
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Creamy Pepper Soup Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Creamy Pepper SoupExecutive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Creamy Pepper Soup
Creamy Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Pepper Soup
- 1 stick butter
- 1 white, yellow or red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ½ cups Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Peppers
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 ¼ cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roast peppers in oven until skins are blistered (30 minutes) let cool, peel and seed. Blend peppers in a food processor.
- In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in butter. Add Crescendo® Sweet Pointed Peppers.
- Deglaze with white wine. Add chicken stock and cream. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, green onions and grainy mustard.
- Serve soup, garnishing with a dollop of grainy mustard sour cream, and a slice of multigrain loaf or homemade corn bread.