Weight Health Benefits of Eggplants
Loading the player...Weight Management : How eggplant can contribute to weight management <p><a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/family-doctor">Family Physician</a>, and <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/family-doctor"> Registered Dietician</a>,and a local Kinesiologist, discuss nutritional benefits of <a href="https://smartfood-now.com/health-benefits-of-eggplant-smart-food-now">eggplant</a> and obesity.</p>
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas.
Windset Farms® Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla
- 1 Adagio® Baby Eggplant
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- small corn tortillas
Ingredients Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 2 cups Concerto® Grape Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup Gusto® Hot Peppers, seeded and finely diced
- olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
- Cut eggplants in half and roast in a 350ºF oven until very tender and caramelized (about 30 minutes).
- Peel the skin and smash up (or purée) the pulp. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Warm tortillas in the oven so they become soft.
- Roll tortillas with chicken, cheese and eggplant. Cover with more cheese and bake at 350ºF until cheese is melted.
*Enchiladas can also be made with beef or shrimp.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, onions and hot peppers. Add salt, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice.
- Pour over top baked enchiladas and enjoy.